The Parish Office is generally open weekdays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Office hours have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, but our Parish Administrator is available at firstname.lastname@example.org and 781-444-0823.
The Minister, Director of Lifespan Religious Exploration, and Music Director are available by appointment. Please visit the Minister & Staff page for contact information.
Please use the contact form below to have
your message routed to the correct person quickly.
First Parish is located just off the Needham town square at 23 Dedham Avenue (route 135). There is ample 2-hour parking in the town lot off of Lincoln Street. (For longer-term parking, see Note on Parking below.) Only the Lincoln Street doors are open on weekdays; the main doors to the church are open on fair-weather Sundays. The building is fully handicap-accessible.
From the North: Take Route 128 (I-95) south to exit 19B (Highland Avenue Needham). Take Highland Avenue to Great Plain Avenue in Needham Center. Cross over Great Plain Ave. onto Dedham Ave., the church will be on your right. Parking is available on Lincoln St., the first right after the church.
From the South: Take Route 128 (I-95) north to exit 17 (Route 135). Take Route 135 to Lincoln Street (see map). Parking is off Lincoln Street.
From Boston and Cambridge: Take Route 9 west to Route 128 South. Follow directions above “from the North.”
Need additional information? Call 781-444-0823.
There is additional parking in the lot behind 60 Dedham Ave. (across and down the street from First Parish). This lot is recommended if you are going to be in the building for more than two hours, especially during the day on Saturdays.
We ask that you not park in the driveway unless you have a handicap sticker.
First Parish in Needham makes every effort to be fully accessible to all. Both the Dedham Avenue and Lincoln Street doors are handicap-accessible. Other accommodations include:
- Parking: There is a handicapped parking space in our driveway and plentiful additional parking in the adjacent lot, which is just a short and level walk or roll from our door.
- Elevators: There is an elevator immediately inside the Lincoln Street entrance. There is a second elevator that serves the lower floor only by the back entrance. This elevator requires a key that must be obtained from the Parish office.
- Restrooms: A unisex, handicap-accessible restroom is available on the main floor. Additional handicap-accessible restrooms are available on the lower level. Child-size handicap-accessible facilities are available in several of the classrooms.
- Hearing: Small receivers with earphones are available as you come in the sanctuary. The Ushers can assist you with operations.
- Large-print hymnals are available in the sanctuary. See the Ushers.
- Braille Hymnals are also available in the sacntuary. Seee the Ushers.