Have you been hearing about the Realm but not known how to use it?
Are you frustrated because you have tried to log in to the Realm for the first time and did not know how to make it work?
If you want to know more about using the Realm at First Parish, these videos are for you!
Logging Into The Realm (for the first time)
Whether you are a long-time member of the church or a new-to-us visitor, your name and email have already been entered into the Realm by our office administrator, Susanna. The following video will show you the steps to log in for the first time and to how to create a password that will allow you to see your profile information, including giving.
What is my Profile Page and how do I use it?
In this overview video, I over the main features of the Realm. Every member/friend and visitor to First Parish has an individual Profile Page. The Profile Page is where you can:
- look up the phone numbers and emails (and see a photo) of fellow First Parish friends
- make a change to your contact information (new phone number, additional email, etc).
- participate in conversations with members of your group(s)
- send emails to group leaders inquiring about joining a new group
- make a one time donation
- add or change an existing pledge for the upcoming year and see your contribution statement
I see the Realm Groups Tab. What is it and how do I use it?
In this video, I will go over the features available in the Realm for groups. This video assumes that you have signed in for the first time, and have joined at least one group.
This video is also a great way for current group participants to see if using the Realm would be useful to your existing group.
In the video I cover:
- Using the group Email feature
- Joining or starting a conversation with group members in the Posts section
- Seeing upcoming Events
- Seeing a Roster of group members with contact information for each.
- Using the Resources section to store PDF’s and Links for the group to use over time.
- Asking to be added to a new group
- How to set your Notification settings to receive an email every time someone in your groups posts something (or daily digest or no email at all)
- With such a lively and engaged church, using the groups are of the Realm is a wonderful way to stay connected and up to date.
It is also important for us to recognize that as new friends join in the group activities at First Parish, that they are included in all communications. Have you ever been in the position of saying, “No, I didn’t hear the news. Was I on the email list?” Let’s help our newcomers feel welcome and included.
At First Parish, we are committed to helping everyone learn how to use this valuable tool. If you have any questions, would like individual help, or to arrange a training session for your committee, please reach out anytime to Kim Lorimier, at firstname.lastname@example.org.