We welcome families with children to check out our Religious Exploration program at any time. You may wish to check the church calendar, or to contact the Director of Lifespan Religious Exploration, Mark LaPointe, to confirm that church school is in session on the Sunday you plan to visit.
New or visiting families are welcome to have children go to childcare or one of our classes. (Note: There will be no childcare on Christmas Eve, Christmas, or New Year’s Day.) If the children choose to go to class, parents are invited to accompany them to meet our Director of Lifespan Religious Education and the individual classroom teachers. You may then sit in on the RE class or, if you prefer, return to the sanctuary for Sunday worship.
- You are welcome to drop off your babies and toddlers in the nursery before service, or keep them with you during the service. (Note: There will be no childcare on Christmas Eve, Christmas, or New Year’s Day.)
- Preschool through 8th grade children usually gather in the sanctuary for the Time for All Ages portion of our service. On most Sundays, they are then sung out to Religious Exploration classes, accompanied by their teachers. Most of our RE classes are on the lower level.
- On other, special Sundays, we hold multigenerational services for all ages with music, stories and ritual that are designed to be accessible to all.
- On most holiday Sundays, there are “all-age” activities for the children.
- Regardless of the schedule, your children are always welcome to join you for the full service if you wish.
We do not have Sunday morning programs for high schoolers. They are always invited to join in the worship service in the sanctuary. However, faced with the choice between that and another hour or two of sleep, most of them choose the latter, and then show up later in the day to participate in our dynamic Youth Groups .
After the service, families are invited to join the congregation for social hour in the Parish Hall. You’ll have an opportunity to meet other families and to learn more about our RE program and church. If you have a child 6 or under, please sign them out from their classroom before joining Social Hour.
Yes. In fact, we have two – a Junior Youth Group that meets twice a month at 5 pm and a Senior Youth Group that meets most Sundays at 7 pm. Click here to check out our Youth Groups